Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wanna Help?

I'll be honest I am new to the blog world but after my sister and I started reading a few of our friends blogs I was hooked...and thought I would try my hand at it....so now I admit it I'm hooked I love to blog, I love to put pictures of my family on here and share with the world and I love to read and reread my favorites that I have listed to the right of my blog...which brings me to the point of today's blog.....
I found the blog My Charming Kids blog early in my beginning blog days, and I have been following her blog since (click on her blog located to the right and take a peek it's great) Just this Monday (Dec.1st) she posted a challenge for people to donate to 3 different organizations for Christmas, which I will post about each organization at the end, in turn your name is entered and on Dec. 14 she will announce the winner of the name drawn, she is giving away a camera and many more prizes, which is out of her own pocket....this is the thing, she started this contest Dec. 1st it is the 3rd and in three short days she has already raised OVER 7 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!! Awesome!!!! So don't tell me that one blog doesn't make a difference, that's a lot of money people, so check out her blog and what one woman with a blog and a great idea is doing! It only takes one person with a purpose to make a difference! If you would like to donate I have added a button on the right of my blog click on it for more details

All proceeds of this Raffle-Way will be donated. Proceeds will go to String of Pearls, a beautiful ministry that offers a nurturing and safe place for families as they navigate the path following a fatal prenatal diagnosis that will result in the death of their baby prior to, or shortly after birth. String of Pearls provides guidance, compassion and practical suggestions as plans to honor the life of pre-born babies are crafted.Proceeds will also go to benefit No Hands But Ours. No Hands But Ours is a China adoption resource site, specific to special needs adoption. It was created to provide information, encouragement and support for families of the children who wait and for those who wait no more. It is their hope that God would use this organization to encourage and equip ordinary people to do an extraordinary thing in the life of a special needs orphan, to give the gift every child needs and deserves...a family.The Elison Project helps to provide grants to families adopting special needs children from China, and collaborates with No Hands But Ours. Proceeds of this Raffle-Way will allow families to make an incredible difference in the life of a child. Your donation will help to bring His children home.

No comments: