Monday, December 15, 2008

JAM CAKE TIME!!

So it's that time of year again, and only at Christmas time...It's time for homemade Jam cake. This was actually started by my Grandmother, she always made a Jam cake at Christmas time for my Sister (Melissa) since her birthday is on Christmas Eve the Jam cake was her birthday cake. They were the best!! I never could get recipes out of my Grandma, she would say "well I never really measure anything, it's just a little of this and a little of that" After She passed away I found HER Jam Cake recipe written down on a aged yellow piece of paper in her hand writing with some of her recipe books...so once a year I get it out and try (notice I said try to recreate her famous Jam Cake, it is made from scratch and the icing is made from 2 cups of the batter with more sugar added and water added, you have to cook it on med heat and stir till it thickens...(just a side note to Mom I think I got it right this year!) Cassie wanted to try her hand at Jam Cake Making this year and I think we did a pretty good job! (at least Husband said so) I have a picture of Cassie with the cake, and I wanted to include a picture of my Grandma it was just a random picture I picked up to down load....I noticed after I downloaded it on the computer if you look over my grandmothers shoulder on the right there in plain view sets a Jam cake she had made for Christmas!! I never even noticed it until I looked at it on the computer...odd how things like that happen!

No comments: