Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Romans 5:3-5

Sorry it's been awhile since I have posted, but things have been busy. Like so many others at this time of year lots of extra activity's going on Christmas plays at church and school band concerts Christmas shopping lots of busy going on around here and then a little stress mixed in with it all adds to chaos...Over the past year we have had lots of crazy, you know things that you pray and pray about and it seems like it has no end? So last week we had another "kick your feet out from under you weeks" and I had went to my room to pray (whine to God) about how ready I was for him to fix this situation and as I began to read my Bible he prompted me to go to Romans 5:3 this is what it says: Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

God really spoke to me that day about my attitude, he IS working in this situation I may not see it but he's there, and in the midst of it he is building my character (which can be painful sometimes:) and with that comes hope....which I think goes hand in hand with faith....which leads me to this, if every part of our life fell into place no problems, no bumps, no HELP ME LORD why would we need faith? Some things in life aren't easy, they are hard and we don't always see the big picture, but God is there, his plan is much better than ours, and while he sorts things out he uses the situation to build our character and give us hope...and in verse 5 it says "Hope does not disappoint us" So I have decided to trust God and let him have control, no more chaos and worry..I have added a video at the end of this post I actually found it on a friends blog she had posted...listen to the words it talks about surrendering, when Gods working in our life..let him work, trust him, listen to him..you may not see him but he's there and his plan is so much better than ours!

No comments: