Monday, March 2, 2009

Proverbs 29:18

"Where there is no vision the people perish." (Proverbs 29:18)

None of us can live life without a vision..having a vision doesn't necessarily mean knowing the absolutes about whats gonna happen next but it does mean having a general direction you're moving in...having hope that something good is on the horizon...

13 years ago facing life as a single Mother of a one year old I had no idea what direction to go in, I was living on my very meager income working as a CNA at a Nursing Home and when I began to pray about my future I knew I had to make a change. I always wanted to go to cosmetology school (my Mother nearly had a heart attack) so one day I went and signed up...It took 2 LONG years (for normal people with normal lives it only takes 10 months...I repeat NORMAL PEOPLE, I'm not even gonna go there) but I had a vision..It was knowing I did have future and a purpose, and that it was gonna be bright (with a few rough starts here and there...AHEM...never mind)
The sad thing is not every person has that certainty...and when they don't (have a vision) you can almost see the life draining out of them...even some that have a vision can loose sight of it they get overtired, burned out, beaten down..distanced from God. See I kept my eyes on God (don't get me wrong they're were days I wanted to quit) and he helped me to focus on the vision I can remember many endless nights laying in the bed with my son next to me crying out to God "I CAN"T DO THIS!!" and he would always restore the vision and remind me he is right by my side.....
That has been 14 years ago, I have been doing hair for 11 + years and now own a salon in the community that I live..
God doesn't want us to know the future, he wants us to know Him. He wants us to trust Him to guide us into the future one step at a time. In order to understand God's leading, we must seek Him for every step. "Those who seek the LORD understands all" (Proverbs 28:5). We must also stay close enough to hear His answer. The Lord is the giver of vision; pray and look to him for it. With God your future is secure!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next on my list of "meet the bloggers"...The Riggs family http://www.riggsfamilyblog.com/ I have written about them often on my blog. They're daughter is Abby, she has been very sick with leukemia and as I write this post she is back in the hospital...I read the post that her Mom and Dad write and I'm in awe of how they hold it all together...but they have a special glue...his name is Jesus..so go on over and visit the Riggs Family and remember they're sweet little Abby in your prayers. Blessings! !!

M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's taken me years to learn that My Vision and God's Vision must always line up. His vision is alwys the right one.

Love ya

Mom