Monday, February 2, 2009

Cooking...

What do I LOVE to do in my spare time you ask? Cook! This is one of my passions, I spend hours at home looking through cookbooks I love, love, love the food network channel and spend lots of time combing the Internet for recipes. Just today my husband and I were talking about Valentines Day and I told him I didn't want flowers I wanted a new knife instead (all my paring knives have mysteriously disappeared) he thinks I am a little strange and he wasn't sure about the whole knife thing for a Valentines Present:) My parents got me a new mixer for Christmas, you know, one of those nice upright mixers, I Love IT!! Just today I used it to make a no bake chocolate cheese cake. We won't talk about the nutritional value but it is really good and super easy to make, I'll include the recipe for you just in case you want to try it remember small portions..it's very rich but if you are having a chocolate moment this is for you...





NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHEESE CAKE







1 graham cracker pie crust



8oz bakers chocolate squares (melted)



2 packages cream cheese (softened)



3/4 cup packed brown sugar



1/4 cup white sugar



2 tablespoons milk



1 teaspoon vanilla





combine all ingredients and mix with a mixer for 3 min. making sure mixture is smooth. Pour into pie crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.

No comments: