Saturday, April 4, 2009

Appendectomy and Taxes...


For some reason I thought that having your appendix removed fell somewhere under a childhood age. I'm not sure why...maybe I thought after a certain age your appendix swiveled up and went away (I'm not even sure what purpose they have)

My Dad and Mom went with some friends Thursday to Nashville Tenn. to see a Musical and half way through the show my Dad started feeling bad, by the time they got home that night he was in a great deal of pain. He went to the Doctor the next day (which means he really feels bad) and the next thing my Sister and I know Mom is calling saying he has to have surgery to remove his appendix....He had the surgery this morning and all went well, they did a Laparoscopic Appendectomy which they say is a lot easier on the patient...My Husband and I stopped by the Hospital tonight on our way to get our taxes done (which some would say they would rather have an appendectomy than get their taxes done) Daddy was doing well, he was getting up to walk when Tony and I was getting ready to leave poor thing, he was moving VERY,VERY SLOW at a good little shuffle pace down the hallway, his nurse said the more he walked the better he would feel. He cracked me up in his draftylovely hospital gown, dragging his IV poll down the hallway, with Mom holding his hand (that folks was a kodak moment) Hopefully if all goes well he will be home tomorrow.
And yes we got our taxes filed today, I am such a procrastinator. I hate the paper work, I am not an organized person....but they are done. Blessings!

No comments: