Saturday, June 20, 2009

To Dad...


I can remember many years ago when I was 12 years old sitting on the couch at my Grandmother Marie's house, we were having a discussion about my Dad, he had made me mad about something (can't remember now what it was) and she said to me something that has always stuck.....

"Maria, love your Dad...no matter what. Don't take one day for granted...not one, your Daddy will be the one that will stand with you when no one else will...you remember that."
I have never forgotten those words....

What are some things he can do.....

-He can fix pert' near anything

-He can convince the shyest of shy kids to talk to him and "give him five" with a mear jolly rancher in his hand.

-He can teach you how to roller skate.

-He can water ski on one ski

-He can make my boy's believe anything......

What have I seen him do?

-Love God with all his heart

-Give his last dollar to someone in need

-Work all day at a full time job, and leave for a second job working well into midnight laying carpet to make ends meet.

-Go without so my Sister and I could have

-Be my Mom's sweetheart,always dedicated to her.

-Be a Father to the Fatherless

I could go on and on...

He is the rock that this family is built around, he has stood the test of time, our lives have taken many turns, and with each hard left his hands have sheltered us, held us and kept us safe...I know there have been times that he has felt the weight of the world on him, but I know in those times (as he has taught us to do) he has turned to God for strength....

Daddy,
Thank you for loving me for me, thank you for always being there to pick the pieces up for us, thank you for teaching me that no matter what we face in life if we stand and believe, God will walk us through...You may feel like there are times that no one sees the kind things you do, the hard work , the extra time, but Sister and I do...We always have...your love has built a strong family that is forever grateful. I love you!! Happy Fathers Day!!


M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yor made both Daddy and me cry with this one! You are so "right on" he is a wonderful father and husband. God blessed us with the very best!

Mom

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to see you honor your father with this post. You are right he is a very good man and I bet the best Dad. Renee