Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

All morning as many of you I have been glued to the T.V. to watch our 44th President Barack Obama be sworn in. I had to be at work by 10:00 this morning and after I finished cutting my client's hair and checked her out, I rushed to my computer to find live coverage and as I watched I was amazed at the crowds of people, people anticipating the making of history...many would want to get into the debate of is he the right one for the job, and this would be my answer...I believe God has placed him there, if he didn't intend for him to be there he would have put someone else there. I didn't vote for him, but I trust the God I serve and he put him there, he is my President, the leader of this great Nation we live in...This morning as I listened to his speech after being sworn in the screen would go to people in different areas school children, listening intently, military personnel watching with tears in their eyes people of every color and background listening with a new sense of hope..it was very emotional..So saying all that, this is my challenge to you, remember to pray daily for President Obama, pray that God will give him wisdom and direction, pray that the Holy Spirit speaks to him and that he will listen, be a good example to your children, teach them to have respect for our President...(They're little ears hear more than you think and they will walk as you lead them) After the election I had a conversation with my middle son Chase, he was upset because President Obama won. I said "Why are you so upset?" and he replied "because Mom that's not who you voted for." to witch I replied "yes, but that's who God put there and I think he knows best, now we just have to pray God gives him wisdom to lead this Country." And with that he walked away and said "o.k." So take a step everyday to pause and pray for our leaders they have many decisions to make and enormous pressure, pray that God will give them peace and wisdom.

M

No comments: