Sunday, May 31, 2009

Close your eyes, and click your heels together..Now repeat after me..There's No place Like Home

Tony has been out of the Hospital a few weeks and was feeling much better, I got a call from him Thursday around 1pm he told me he had a headache and was feeling a little on the bad side but was finishing up some work at the house and was coming to the salon in a while. The salon got busy and when I looked at the clock when my sister handed me the phone and said "It's Tony on the phone and he sounds funny." I realized it was 3pm...
Tony said his headache was much worse, I told him to let me call the Doctor and see what he thought (since he had been sick a few weeks before)When I called Tony back his speech was slurred and he said his lips were numb, and that someone needed to come to the house...I called Mom (she was on her way home and closer than me to the house) when I got to the house I found my husband in the bed unable to sit up he was in a great deal of pain the Doctor call back and said to take him to the ER when we got him up he began to throw up..after getting him into the car I followed Mom to the hospital and there began the long hours of pain medication (4 shots of Demeral, 2 shots of Morphine, and 1 of Dilaudid) test, CT scans, and lots of waiting...They admitted him and continued with the pain medication, Morphine and Dilaudid to help control the pain... the following day the Doctor wanted to do a spinal tap concerned about the headache and stiffness in his neck...the spinal tap was unsuccessful after two trys he was transferred to Bowling green medical center for the spinal tap and to consult with a neurologist. There they determined it was not meningitis, but wanted to do a MRI and more blood test...his neurologist put him on Imitrex for cluster headaches and the other Doctor had no blood test back but felt like Tony could go home Saturday afternoon since we had the headaches under control, he said he would let us know about the blood work when it came back...

Now if you read ALL of that and felt a little like it all ran together, and lots of unanswered questions, don't feel like the only one...I'm right there with you...
Tony has been up and around today, feeling o.k. he took an Imitrex around noon and said it had helped kick the headache...I guess we will hear from the Doctors sometime this week on the test. I'll keep you updated. At this point in time I'm just glad to be back home again...There's no place like home!!!

I wasn't able to attend my nephew's Graduation due to being at the Hospital but Pictures are coming soon, I had Chad to take my camera so stay tuned for the Graduation extravaganza (Chad graduates from 8th grade tomorrow night) Blessings!M

1 comment:

er said...

Hey Maria, I've checked out the blogs you've recommended. Thanks for all your info, plus, your garden looks great. Good work on the blog.
Erika