Saturday, May 9, 2009

From Me to You Mom....

Relax and take a trip down memory lane with me.....

Things she always said to me growing up...(and still says to me sometimes)

- This too shall pass...

- A fools name is like a fools face always seen in a public place (meaning don't write your name on walls, bathroom doors, school desk ect)

- SMILE!!

My fondest memories with her growing up...

-She always had time to read to me...many, many, nights every single page.

-We sang in the car together...LOUD..I distinctly remember a song "It's beginning to rain" it was one of my favorites.

- She turned me loose in the kitchen...

- She never missed a day to tell me she loved me...never.

When I was little I can remember when she would make a quick stop in the car and it was something about the minute her foot hit the brake that caused her right arm to fly out and stop any child in the front seat from moving forward...always followed with a loud gasp

When I first enrolled in beauty school she let me color her hair (I had been in school less than a month...had not a clue what I was doing) I turned her hair pink...she wore it with pride, never said a word....

I find myself saying things to my kids and thinking to myself "That sounds just like something Mom would say."

She is a woman of her word, she will never let you down...she's been the piano player, the worship leader the fill in Sunday school teacher, the taxi, the one who takes time out to visit the nursing home (for years) and sing for them and do a devotion, the Mother that prays for her children and Grand children DAILY, the one who will fill the gap when no one else will..she is the glue in this family (it may be crazy glue some days)

So Mom if your reading this, (and I know you will, cuz on top of all the other things your are, your also one of my biggest blogger fans) I just want to tell you I love you, thank you for all that you have been in my life growing up and all that your are in my life today..Thank you for loving God with all your heart, and being the Proverbs 31 woman in every way. Your my rock, my pick me up on down days, your the one who has prayed me through when I felt I wouldn't make it...I love you! Happy Mothers Day!

M

3 comments:

ebergs said...

That's beautiful, Maria. Your mom is one special lady : )

Shari Ellenberg

Anonymous said...

Daughter,
As I read this post(through my tears) I am so thankful you remember the good times, the many times when I thought I just wasn't getting through to you. Thank you for making this a wonderful Mother's Day. I love you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Maria,

Our mothers are such a gift. It is nice to see how you honored yours. Happy Mother's Day to you! Renee