Thursday, November 13, 2008

A very long day...

Have you ever had "one of those days?" I had one today a very long one! It all started at 5:30 you know when you feel like you must hit the snooze button just one more time and you actually shut the alarm off...then when you realize you only have 17 min. to get cloths on three sleepy kids and put them on the bus at precisely 6:23am well it all started like that..Knowing I would be in the Salon until 7:30 maybe 8:00 I already dreaded the day..So I cranked up good ol' Joyce Myers to get me going this morning and tried to exit my house in a good mood...Most women that go to salons like to relax and poor their heart out all at the same time. I hear many many things in a days time. I have been doing this long enough I can almost tell you what their thinking before they even set in my chair. But there is an up side to this I can share God with them( and really if you think about it they must listen I'm the one holding the scissors you know) Just today I encountered a crying bride to be and was able to share with her the power of prayer and communication in her life she left with a smile and a "root free head" my next client was an older lady that doesn't get out much I think she said it had been three months since she had been out of her home but when we were done she seemed happy..in turn made me happy....then my Mom dropped off my daughter at the salon (it is now 4:30) and when she came in ,there was a HUGE hole in her sweatshirt I ask her how she had torn her shirt to which she replied (with many people in the salon) "it was like this when you told me to put it on this morning" How did I miss that? I guess the way we were throwing cloths on this morning I'm lucky they got on the bus fully dressed:) So fast forward to 7:45 I walk in the door to "I'm hungry Mom" "Mom I need you to wash my shoes" "Mom the toilet won't flush"
So let the night shift begin, I had ask my oldest son to clean his Guinea pig cage so he disappears outside I go to the laundry room to get the broom and it isn't there I stick my head out the door and that is when I have the big one My 14 year old (I must stress again he is 14...old enough to know better) is using my broom to sweep Guinea pig poop out of the cage need I stress it was stuck in the broom...so I admit it I blew a gasket! (Yes I did apologize ) So now it is 1:05 and I survived the crying bride to be , the headful of information from numerous clients, the poop broom and the very very gross stopped up toilet...My husband says I let things get to me to much...If men only knew what we go through in a day! I am so glad I get to get up tomorrow and do it all over again:)

No comments: