Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

As the new year has arrived I have thought about the year that has passed and how God has truly blessed my family..seems like lots has went on in the past year, and when I think back at how many sleepless nights were spent on worry I am ashamed of myself..but I am also reminded of the God I serve..

Psalm 18:35- You give me your shield of victory,and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. (36)You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.

Many nights were spent in prayer...asking God for wisdom, for healing for my Husband for relationships to be mended, finances to stretch...but with that said, there were nights that I spent on useless worry..

I look back and see that through the trials, sickness, and tears the God that loves me..HE SUSTAINS me...

Where the paths seem so small, so narrow he went before me and broaden them...

He did that for me..

Through 2009 he Sustained my family, my Husband, the relationships that I had all but given up on.

And what did the worry do?

It wasted a lot of my time, because God had already taken care of it.

So what is my New Years Resolution this year? To remember he's in control and spend my time thanking him for all he's gonna do in 2010! Blessings!

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much time as I spend on it, I know worry is not from God. "Cast your cares on me for I care for you." Why can't we remember that???

Lorie said...

Happy New year. I am sitting here late this Sat. night preparing my part of the Sunday school lesson for tomorrow morning. I am going to use your verse in my lesson tomorrow. Also, your words about the relationship have encouraged me. I am praying through one this very season. Thank you.
Lorie