Monday, January 9, 2012

Changing Direction

Changing direction.

It can be a painful process sometimes..

If you consider the speed you are going when the directon changes.

I have found in my life my direction hasn't always been perfect and thus plunging forward at break neck speed a change in direction can flat out hurt..

Example: Once when I was little I wanted to go to the store with my Sister and one of her friends (nameless friend you know who you are) they on the other hand did not want me to go. To get to the store you cut through the neighbors yard and through a field..so they thought they could run and loose me, but I was fast and on they're heels burn'n a trail right behind them (at break neck speed) until I realized they jumped up in the air and I didn't BHAM!! I was clothes lined by an electric fence..it was painful (well it didn't last THAT long but lets just say Sister and nameless friend took me to the store after that and I might have played on the big red mark on my neck for days..but who remembers that was so long ago)

The sudden change of my direction was painful I was so focused on catching up with them I totally missed the electric fence right infront of me that put me flat on my back.

Sometimes we are going at such a break neck speed we loose our focus..the whole reason we started in that direction.

Changing direction in life is not tragic.

Losing passion in life is..
Something happens to us along the way convictions to change the world downgrade to commitments to pay the bills..
Rather than make a diffrence we make a salary..
We trade our smile for a scowel, and give the ones we love the most a def ear.
Instead of looking forward we look back.

Then..BHAM!!

Thats useally when it happens, the break neck speed and lose of focus clothes lines us and lands us flat on our back..

What to do when we are in such a place? The Bible has a scripture for that..

12 I do not mean that I am already as God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal, but I continue trying to reach it and to make it mine. Christ wants me to do that, which is the reason he made me his.13 Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead,14 I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me through Christ to the life above. Philippians 3:12-14
Get up..dust yourself off..focus on your new direction and press on.

Blessings!
M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this one. Life always has obstacles but the way u overcome them is the biggest lesson. Thank you!!

Maria said...

Anonymous...keep your chin up! And your welcome!