Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Redemption

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him, should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

It's a story of redemption. 

We all have our own story our own scars to bear. Some of us think about them everyday not always meaning to but we do.

~lots of bad choices
~people...people are very good at reminding you of all your wrongs
~it could be a place, a song or even a smell that will make you wench at your past

My scars were never visible but they hurt all the same and for many years I would revisit how unworthy I felt I was how many people in my life I had disappointed never feeling like I could measure up to the expectations of others.

And then there were those who prayed...

They never gave up on me and spent day after day speaking words of encouragement into my life. Reminding me God still had a call on my life and despite how I felt he still loved me.

That's where John 3:16 comes in.
 The definition of redemption :Deliverance upon payment of ransom; rescue.                                                    

No matter how many times I got it wrong, no matter how many people still whispered......

For God so loved me he paid my debt, took my guilt and rescued me.



On Sunday my Daughter did a special song at church I had no idea what she was singing it happen to be one of my favorite songs and it reminded me once again...


I am redeemed.

He can do the same for you.





Blessings,
M



No comments: