Monday, July 18, 2011

God is Faithful...

Trust Him when dark doubts assail thee,
Trust Him when thy strength is small,
Trust Him when to simply trust Him
Seems the hardest thing of all.
Trust Him, He is ever faithful,
Trust Him, for his will is best,
Trust Him, for the heart of Jesus
Is the only place of rest.

Anonymous


The good ol'l 2000 Ford Explorer, (we refer to her as Bertha) She has taken our little family many miles...

Shortly after purchasing "Bertha" she developed a squeak, it did not affect her ability to get us from point A to point B but it did fiercely embarrass my children they along with the rest of our small town heard me coming waaayyy before I arrived (and on occasion I complained too) we took her to many mechanics and no one could fix the "squeak"

Shortly after the squeak started she began to lock the doors (while we were still in the truck, and wouldn't unlock them) once Husband and I sat in the Mall parking lot for 30min. unable to get out of the truck (I had flashbacks of the old movie Christine..If you've seen the movie you understand if you haven't...never mind)
We had to pull the fuse so her doors would no longer lock....

At the beginning of summer I loaned her to the boys, to go to the creek...they returned and the next morning when I got in the truck to go to work "Bertha" smelled "creeky" (not sure if that's a word) The hotter it got outside the worse the smell became....four days later I found a crawdad very dead, very stinky under the seat...It is still up for debate how that happen....

Bertha's tires were worn..wire hanging out of the tires worn (and my checking acc. was on empty...did I mention I have three teenage boys to feed..who can afford 4 new tires?)
Bertha hit 175,000 miles three weeks ago and my Son Chase said "Mom, you need a new car."
It was then That I explained that I refused to go into debt for a new car, that God would either have to drop a new car out of the sky or help Bertha to run 175,000 more miles....

Well....

My very hardworking Husband was recently put in a drawing for a new car at work....

He won the car....

I am still in awe at God's faithfulness.





And just in case you wondered "Bertha" will remain in the family...I've grown quite fond of her and I believe she just might make 175,000 more miles....

Blessings,
M

No comments: