Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Path

You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.
You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn. Psalm 18:35-36



When I look at this picture I think of what this place use to look like...and believe me it didn't look like this.
As you know my boys sleep, eat and breath motorcycles and they are forever searching out places to ride, they found this spot and out the door they went with anything that would cut down a tree or could be used to move dirt. I'll be honest I thought it was impossible...wasted time...no way they could clear a path.

Never underestimate teenagers.

They had a vision and started clearing a path, cutting trees, hauling dirt and now we seem to be the place that all the boys from miles around flock to with their dirt bikes...(my apologies to the neighbors)

So my question is are you looking for a path?

Searching to only find the path is over grown with stuff...people, lack of money, doubters, tall grass, stumps, rocks.

Maybe you have been on a path and as you walk it seems to get narrower, the weeds seem to be covering what was once your vision and you feel like you can't take one more step, there just seems to be to many rocks, to many people asking you "Where in the world are you going?"

The Bible Says God has given you his shield of victory, and his right hand sustains you...If he has called you (***NOTE*** He has called all of us) then he will see you to your victory, and with every step his hand will sustain you and hold you up.

And that path?

Well, that path that seems so impossible will begin to widen...rocks will be moved...buckets of dirt will be hauled away, trees will be cut, doubters will disappear...

That's how much he loves you...

He will always go before you...

"He broadens the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn."

So if your looking at a path that you think you will never be able to walk down grab a bucket and something to cut some trees and watch what God will do!

Blessings!
M

2 comments:

Susan Brown said...

WOW!!!! What a great story and inspiration!!! Thank you so much!!! I think maybe you have found you calling:))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. and some paths are just for dirtbikes!!